Sally,

Hi, this is Jenny.  I tried calling but you weren't home.  Maybe you will
get this first.

There's a couple of issues here.  Number one depending on how anemic he is,
I would likely do a blood transfusion simply to buy him enough time for the
injection to work.  Please know that I am still waiting to see if the
injection will truely work for Autumn.  I am optimistic but don't know for
sure.

As for the more immediate issues.  The fever may be due to an infection,
possible upper respiratory, urinary tract or the dreaded hemobartonella.
These would require antibiotic treatment.  The fever may, however, be due to
a dehydrated state.  If he is not eating and drinking you will have to force
feed and/or give subcutaneous fluid.  If nothing else you can take pedialyte
in a syringe (no needles) and give it to him.  This at least provides
glucose and electrolytes temporarily.  A/D food is the best for force
feeding.  I would steer away from baby food as many of them can worsen the
anemia.  I have tried mixing pedialyte with a soft canned food (helps get
the food into and out of the syringe and provides more fluid).  Here's the
challenge - you want to get in at least around 90-100 mL a day and you don't
want them to throw up.  This is tough, but it should get through until
tomorrow.

I think it is important to say that I generally have not done the force
feeding and blood transfusions before because this is a fatal virus that
always ends the same.  Now, however, with the possibility of this Imulan
shot working, there may be hope.  It may be a long shot, but I'm willing to
try.

It is a lot of intensive care that requires subcutaneous fluids, sometimes
forced feedings, possibly antibiotics and a lot of patience, love and
prayer.  Let me know if I can help further.

Jenny