Assist feeding is key to helping any sick kitty.  Cats that don't feel well
don't eat.  The less a cat eats the less they want to eat.  It is a vicious
cycle.

I prefer assist feeding vs force feeding.  It is a state of mind.  You are
assisting your beloved kitty to eat to give you both time to treat the current
illness.  If you are syringe feeding, many of the meds can be mixed into the
food you syringe.  Here is the link to the Yahoo Assist Feeding group.
One of the files you receive when joining is on how to safely syringe feed.
Read that one if you don't read anything else.

Any pate style canned food can be syringe feed by blending it with a little
liquid until it is the consistency of a thick milk shake.  Gently warming the
food make it easier to syringe feed.

Dehydration can be caused by the illness, a fever, diarrhea, etc.  It is
critical to maintain adequate hydration in a kitty and is easy to do with Sub Q
fluids.  I've done it by myself for my CRF and FeLV kitties.  This link was my
bible for giving sub q fluids.
Sophia Gets Her Subcutaneous (Sub Q) Fluids
http://www.tinyurl.com/63max
You will need an Rx from your vet for the fluids and IV sets.  Some states
require a Rx for the needles.  I order the fluids by the case though my local
pharmacy and buy the IV sets and needles on line.

I might not be able to cure the FeLV but I can make sure my kitties receive
adequate nutrition and fluids.
Sharyl