Thank you very much, Jane.  I appreciate your concern and
suggestions.  I heard from Jenny via e-mail after she called
and I wasn't home.  At her suggestion, I bought some A/D and
Gatorade and have begun to force feed Lukey.  He took right
to the food like he was grateful to have it and I will be
giving him some Gatorade later tonight and then feeding
again even later.  I got about 1/3 of a can of A/D down him
via syringe, which I thought was pretty good for a first
effort.  He is getting thinner and weaker while we wait on
the shot to kick in but on Saturday he was not yet severely
anemic, so hopefully I have some time.  We'll know tomorrow
when I take him back to the vet, which he will certainly
hate.  At least she can rehydrate him and maybe check him
again for lymphocyte and RBC count.

Anyway, God bless you and all of the others who post here in
an effort to help others.  I appreciate it very much.

Sally Jewell