Oh, Kim, I have been through this so many times and so many times I've said "I
killed my cat/tortoise/lizard/snake/whatever." You did not kill her. You did
the best you could at the time with the information you had, and I am so sorry
that you feel this way. It's normal to blame oneself but hindsight is 20/20; a
cliche, I know, but so true.
On St Patrick's Day my FeLV+ cat, Bridget, died at the vet. She was there to be
spayed but never made it to the table - they put her under and she died.
Horrible. But what was even more horrible was that I had a premonition that she
would die during surgery, for weeks. A voice literally screamed in my head.
DON'T DO IT, SHE WILL DIE. And yet I did it, and got that awful phone call from
the vet. That night I posted on this forum - "it's my fault, I killed her." I
was so grateful for the assurances from other members that no, I didn't kill
her.....I tried my best and something happened. I am sure that many other folks
will have a similar story.