Thank you for sharing your story Sharon. It really does help to hear what
others are doing for their kitties. Our only other experience with FeLV was
with our kitty Scampi who passed away earlier this year. Scampi was a feral cat
that would only let us take care of him from a distance for about 6 years. He
lived outside, we put food and water out for him and in the winter we put out a
heated dog house for him that he loved. Scampi was already 7 years old when he
finally decided he could trust us and that's when we found out that he had
FeLV. He lived to be 13 and didn't have any problems at all. When we found Eden
I guess we just assumed that she would follow the same path as Scampi so it
sort of took us by surprise that she's already having some issues. We really
didn't have to make any treatment decisions for Scampi because he didn't need
anything. I guess I'm still not totally sure that Eden does either. She is
certainly putting us through our paces. Earlier this evening she didn't seem
like she was doing very well. Her breathing was very rapid, which it had not
been before. We tucked her in somewhere comfy, went to walk the dogs and by the
time we got back she was doing much better and even ate some of her dry food. I
gave her some canned too and then she spent a good 15 minutes just cleaning
herself. She's resting now and looks pretty comfortable. I'm going to talk to
my vet more about her tomorrow and see what sort of plan we can come up with.

I hope your little one continues to do so well.

Brenda