I've never had a cat that had a problem with interferon - but I'm assuming you mean interferon alpha, not omega (which I've never used). I used daily interferon (1cc)

Another protocol is 3 days on, 3 off, as well as the one you used, 7 days on and 7 off.

Tally used to be on this list, and I used her web site for interferon info - http://www.tallyville.com/interferon.html

Gloria