You can also take it further and reiterate that humans are the #1 killers of
birds because of the dummies that let their un-altered pet cats run around
outside and breed and have kittens everywhere, not just because of the habitat
destruction that we do.

I think where I live in GA some of the rodents are getting a reprive because
all the coyotes who would normally eat some of the rodents are getting full on
my feral cats.  It's so sad.  I don't hate the coyotes for doing it (just like
I don't hate or blame cats for killing other small prey) but it breaks my heart
everytime a feral goes missing.

All points always come back to the main topic of the importance of keeping the
cats indoors (and getting them fixed).  All we can do is spread the message and
hope it makes a difference.  And it my part of the world it has made a huge
difference.  When I was a kid, no one contemplated keeping a cat indoors it's
whole life.  But now, more and more people are.  I can tell by the people I
meet at our adoptions.  Things are changing - we just have a long way to go
still.