Yikes!  I don't like those statistics at all but I believe it.

I've been feeding ferals at my office for the last 8 years.  Several months
back I found one dead and half eaten, then another one went missing not too
long after that.  A week or two later I saw a coyote in the parking lot of the
office building next to us.  I work at night a lot so I have more of an
opportunity to see them than some people.  I stopped leaving food out for my
cats at night.  After not seeing the coyote for a while I got back in the bad
habit of leaving cat food out at night.  Just last week I walked outside about
10 PM and there was the coyote at the food dish, which isn't too far away from
my front door.  The coyote didn't scare me but then I saw my two remaining
semi-feral cats running towards me and realized they had been close by while
the coyote was eating.  I've stopped leaving food out and hopefully he'll move
on.  I'm so scared for my cats at the office.  I wish that if I left a lot of
food out for the coyote he'd stay full and leave the cats alone.  I don't think
it works that way though.  He'll still want to chase and kill them because of
his instinct.

I really wish pet cats could roam outside and enjoy the extra freedom.  But
stuff like this has made me more of an advocate of keeping them indoors all the
time, unless you have a cat fence or something.  Loose dogs have always been a
problem killing cats but I don't remember having a coyote problem as a kid.