 From: Heather <furrygi...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Link to Story about Caboodle Ranch Rescue Effort

One of the related, inner struggles I have with such cases are, the cruelty
charges made to those with "good intentions" (which I do believe existed here)
will likely stick, yet every day sick individuals who purposely torture and
maim cats and dogs get off very easily even with much evidence.  I read one
case recently of a man in California who was caught torturing then consuming
stray cats, supposedly he was even witnessed skinning one alive (and other
horrible acts), and he got a bit of community service, probation and a fine
under $500.  This happens all the time.   Perhaps the discrepancy is solely in
evidence, witnesses and the legal process, but it seems to me that hoarders are
penalized more stringently than flat out torturers who commit such acts
willingly, not because they got in over their heads.

http://northeastcobb.patch.com/articles/good-mews-assists-aspca-in-rescue-of-600-cats#photo-9221699