What is upsetting to me as well about PETA's involvement, is that  they
sent out an email about Caboodle, then at the end used the situation to
call for withdrawl of the proposed FL Animal Rescue Act.

This bill is very important in the minds of all FL rescue people that I
know of--I am in FL and very involved with rescue--and now PETA is saying
this will enable places like Caboodle to pull animals from shelters.  So
now all sorts of people who are not involved in rescue and have no
familiarity with the bill probably think it is horrible and will be
speaking out against it (there was a link to contact FL legislators), at
the time when it needs all the support it can get.