From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Heather
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:59 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Link to Story about Caboodle Ranch Rescue Effort

One of the related, inner struggles I have with such cases are, the cruelty
charges made to those with "good intentions" (which I do believe existed
here) will likely stick, yet every day sick individuals who purposely
torture and maim cats and dogs get off very easily even with much evidence.
I read one case recently of a man in California who was caught torturing
then consuming stray cats, supposedly he was even witnessed skinning one
alive (and other horrible acts), and he got a bit of community service,
probation and a fine under $500.  This happens all the time.   Perhaps the
discrepancy is solely in evidence, witnesses and the legal process, but it
seems to me that hoarders are penalized more stringently than flat out
torturers who commit such acts willingly, not because they got in over their
heads.