  From: Maureen Olvey
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 11:36 PM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] What could it be?

  He's not even a shelter vet. He doesn't volunteer with us. He just was trying
to tell us how to spend our money. I know he's just being logical about
spending a lot of our money on a dying cat, but at the same time I couldn't
believe he didn't even care about her fever. But without anything but a quick
physical exam he wasn't sure it was FeLV related he just assumed it was. He
just basically said its a FeLV kitten and she's going to die anyway so don't
waste money on her.

  I'm still pissed. Yes I know FeLV kills a majority of kittens that have it
but it doesn't mean you don't at least try to help them. He should have at
least wanted to see if what was wrong with her had anything that could be
treated and then let us know the cost and let us decide whether we wanted to
spend money on her.

  Maureen