Had to send this again because it bounced back the first time.  I hate it when
it does that.

From: molvey...@hotmail.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: [Felvtalk] What could it be?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 13:40:59 -0400

Ha, ha - I love it!!!  You sound as pissed off as I was.  Believe me he is on
my shitlist too.  I was boiling about it for days.  Matter of fact I was just
telling my co-worker about him this morning and I got pissed off again thinking
about it.

I guess he just wanted me to take her home and watch her die.  I don't know.
He never did go as far as to say that exactly because I said I wanted him to
give her fluids and do a blood test and then e-mail this other vet so I could
get this experimental drug for dry form of FIP.  I didn't give him a chance to
send me away with nothing.  Course, at the time other than the fever she was
doing okay.  Although she was wobbly on her back legs she was still eating and
everything although she had lost some weight.  So she wasn't in any pain.  But
I think with a temperature of 104 he would have wanted to do something about
that anyway.  The thing is that like toxoplasmosis shows the same symptoms as
the dry form of FIP and if it was that it could be treated with some
antibiotics that aren't even that expensive.  He's such a dumbass.  I didn't
know that the symptoms were the same until a couple days later and when I asked
him about it he said he had thought about it when he was looking at her.  So if
he thought about it and didn't suggest a test for it then he didn't care.  He
figured with FeLV she's going to die sooner or later so why spend money doing
any kind of tests or treatments on her.  I'm surprised he didn't suggest
killing her.  BTW - it's not euthanization unless it's to end suffering so at
that point it would have been just killing her.

I like your answer about doing what you do for the animals.  I'm going to steal
it.  Most everybody just thanks me for helping the animals (I feed ferals so I
run into different people that see me doing it plus going to adoptions, etc.)
but every now and then I get someone who asks why I do it, as though it's a bad
thing or beneath me or something.  I'll use your answer for those folks.  It's
probably better than what I normally say to them, if you know what I mean!

Maureen