If that's the case, then why do dogs who retain their ovaries live a third
longer?    There's more to the overall story than just local stresses:
http://www.gpmcf.org/respectovaries.html   American vet schools do not
teach any sterilizations other than spay/neuter.

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My vet said being in heat is more stressful than the surgery. I would wait
> for the retest, though. If still positive have a full bloodwork panel done
> to make sure she is healthy, just as you would for a senior kitty.
> Hope all goes well.
>
> Beth
>
> Maryam Ulomi <ava...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello everyone,
> >
> >We are looking at possibly spaying Kitty, our 5 months old FeLV rescued
> feral baby. She is currently on the lysine and living large in her own
> room, isolated from our other two cats, since she posted positive but we
> are retesting her at 6months, which should be in December.
> >Should we retest first and then spay?
> >Is there anything we should know/do to prepare ?
> >
> >Any suggestions are welcome
> >
> >Sent from my iPhone

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.no-killnews.com/ (see the right sidebar)

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos especially
http://vimeo.com/48445902

Local feral cat crisis?   See Alley Cat Allies' for how to respond:
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=537