Barbara writes:

<<I'm toying with making my own espinner with my Lendrum heads.  Do you
know
what kind of motor your spinner has?  Is the cover insulated?  Not all
motors are created equal and the noise level is important to me.>>

Jerry uses the motor that runs car fans--I don't know if that's
something you can walk into an auto parts store and buy or not :)  I
have no idea if the cover is insulated, as it's attached in a way that I
can't open it to see.  But noise level is important to me, too--after
spinning on the Roberta, I was convinced I would never want an electric
spinner.  This spinner is so quiet, even at high speeds, that I barely
need to turn up my music to hear it as if the spinner isn't running.

If you do make an electric spinner, I highly recommend a switch to
control speed.  My dh made one for me out of my old Ashford flyer, using
a motor he scrounged.  It has no speed control, and sometimes seems like
it's going to make it into orbit :)

Holly

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to