>Elaine wrote:
<snip>
>I'm glad to see that people aren't so prejudiced against these tools any
>longer. I've been wanting an electric spinner for years and was usually met
>with an a gasp of incomprehension from other people who thought it was
>nearly sacriligeous or something!

Yah to this........maybe 10yrs ago I would go out to demo's with my new 
electronic spinner. And I would always be accused of not "doing it proper" 
by the public. I would turn the conversation around to their own 
lives.........and would often find they worked in an office - I always 
asked about how they did there letters........I found they used a word 
processor & I asked them quite pointedly about "what you don't use a 
typewriter?" or if I equated it to a breadmaker.........the machine sort!
Why should I labour with spinning yarn with another wheel when they had an 
electronic typewriter........"was that fair?"
They went away probably more puzzled than they were before but I hoped it 
got them thinking.

I'm not against treadling a manual...........at that time, I was in a spun 
yarn business & later I needed to continue something when I was desperately 
ill & wasn't getting better. That machine saved my bacon so to speak.

Tuatara,
who has in the basement about 10 wheels in different stages or 
restoration.......one wheel out on loan to potential buyer.........one that 
is never gonna get sold, for sentmential reasons...........one that is 
interesting to use. And her Ashford electronic old model black box.

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to