Cathy writes:

<<So no I don't believe the electric spinner makes anymore noise than a
manual>>

Well, I beg to disagree :)  I've certainly hear a few really rackety,
noisey wheels--generally a sign major parts are loose and/or in need of
oiling.  But they are rare.

As far as electric spinners go, I've only used three.  One was homemade,
and fairly noisey; one was the Roberta and VERY noisey, more so than the
worst spinning wheel I've heard; and of course the last is the electric
spinner I've just bought.  It's very quiet, even at the highest speed. 
Just two hums--one for the motor, one for the whirling of the flyer. 
Puts out about the same noise as my Rio Grande at top speed, but more
than my Ashford Traveller.

Holly

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to