Oh it is a spaghetti mix of code. But that's not necessarily evil.

Think about it this way, you're not really supposed to be mixing them, they
are supposed to be complimenting each other.

Your HTML defines your content, and that's it.
Your CSS adds fonts, colors, positioning, and simple interactivity, that's
it.
Your JS adds logic to your project.

So you're not actually mixing everything together, you're leveraging each
one to add an integral piece to your project. You may take on all these
jobs yourself, or you may not. Some companies have frontend developers who
do HTML/CSS and dedicated Javascript developers to only do JS. It's a
different way of thinking than using one platform for everything.

It can be unnerving trying to keep up with all of the new JS frameworks
that are constantly coming up, and even worse trying to integrate them all.
Trust me, I get paid to do it. Fortunately there's a massive community to
fall back on when it comes to troubleshooting.

If you're building Flex apps you'd definitely like Angular, which you would
use with Cordova to publish to iPad. Basically, Cordova is part of
Phonegap, which is a build system for deploying to mobile devices. Phonegap
will wrap your code in a native app with a web view, so it's essentially a
website being viewed in an app. Cordova is a javascript library that
exposes all the native APIs of iOS/Android, so now your app can do much
more than a website. I have used XCode on a Mac to test my Phonegap apps.
IIRC, the native wrapper isn't changing, only the internal HTML/CSS/JS, so
you don't have to compile like you would with a native app. I also used
this to my advantage by building parts of the app in-browser.

You could use Angular to structure your app in a MVC-like pattern, and then
use Phonegap to deploy it.

Also, I've switched to using Sublime Text 3 as my editor of choice, and I
can't recommend it enough.

Hopefully that helps!

James Merrill
toThePixel.com <http://www.toThePixel.com>