AIR app installs cross a billion - April 2014
 "now powers almost a hundred thousand unique applications on desktops and
mobile devices.

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2014/04/air-app-installs-cross-a-billion.html

It's such a great platform still - I've been using it to make ios apps with
good results. The weakness is how it is perceived. But clients do smile at the
reduced developer costs and its great capabilities. If only adobe would hire an
a-list PR firm to change the perception to match the reality.