There may have been some merit in Apple's battery argument since greater cpu activity, for Flash's vector format, might incur a greater energy cost.

Although Flash is having a hard time I was thinking more of using AIR, which I think has more life left in it.

The thing is, I have no idea how active developers are with app's delivered via AIR.
Are there many AIR app's being produced?

John