On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:53:34 -0500, David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It varies with throttle and mixture. At 75% power, mine indicates about 5 psi running lean of peak or about 7 psi running rich of peak. I don't remember what it indicates in a full-rich, full-power climb.

Is it usual to make the approach or initial climb-out with the mixture set full rich and prop fine in your aircraft? I'm just wondering because it's part of the downwind and pre-take off checks for the aircraft I fly (although I skip over the prop check because it's not CS).

All the best,

Matt