From: Josh Babcock [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 27 May 2004 19:46
To: FlightGear developers discussions
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] keyboard mapping

Lee Elliott wrote:
> On Thursday 27 May 2004 09:07, Erik Hofman wrote:
>
>>Giles Robertson wrote:
>>
>>>The other advantage of defining specific function is consistency
across
>>>aircraft models. As as user, I'd want to know that a certain key
drops
>>>the arrestor hook, and that that same key drops the hook in all
aircraft
>>>that have one. If we just make aircraft modellers use a certain set
of
>>>keys, inconsistencies should spring up.
>>
>>So far every designer seems to have accepted the same keyboard
bindings
>>across different aircraft. Please take a look at
>>FlightGear/data/Docs/keyboard/map.pdf
>>
>>Erik
>

> Heh! - I wasn't aware of that doc.  The '[' & ']' flap keys on the
AN-225 &
> B-52F should operate the the flaps as normal.  I re-assigned them for
the
> Comper-Swift because it doesn't have flaps and the only way you can
see
> forward is by leaning out.
>
> I've been using the 'd' & 'f' keys for slats as there didn't seem to
be a
> standard assignment for them and the keys didn't seem to be already
assigned,
> but I'm not fussed as to which keys are used for the slats.
>
> LeeE

I would actually like to see some standard method for leaning the
viewpoint
built into FG. Lots of taildraggers could benefit from this.  I guess I
should
write a Nasal script and give it some key bindings, like maybe the
numpad with
some modifier.  I'm not sure if that is possible though.  Maybe another
mouse
mode, or some modifier in the view mode?

Josh