Arnt Karlsen wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:31:10 +0200, Erik wrote in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

First try searching for an aircraft that has a boost function for it's
engine *and* that has speebrakes.

..AFAIR, this was a kludge to get around a few problems modelling gear shift controls on geared super-chargers like those on WWII
RR|Packard Merlins, and should be gone as these are solved.

..for those weird planes that might have such manual controls, a similar
class of controls could be "war emergency boost" and afterburners?

I'm not sure how common this was in WWII, but I know that the Superfortress has a selector dial to control the turbos. It is a dial that goes from 0 to 9. I think it is an electrical control that is hooked into the waste gates by means of vacuum tube amplifiers.

Josh