On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:25:49 -0500
"Norman Vine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is true .....
> but don't forget the gain achieved by reducing the disk to memory
> bandwith required

Absolutely; but this issue (whether the video card can render the
compressed textures without decompressing first) is what Paul and
Curt were unsure of, if I'm following this.

Of course, this also presumes that the guy I quoted knew what he
was talking about.  I know *I* don't know much about this stuff,
thus don't know enough to say.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)