Harald JOHNSEN wrote:
> Vivian Meazza wrote:
>

>> Harald
>>

>>> Sent: 13 May 2007 18:19
>>> To: FlightGear developers discussions
>>> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] More ideas on dogfighting
>>>

>>> Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
>>>

>>> If the server does the fdm 100 times per second and send the data 10
>>> times per second it's like if the client was running the fdm
>>> at 10 hz.
>>> That's why I said it's not needed to run the fdm at more than 10 hz
>>> (those numbers are just examples).

>>> that can be

>> I suppose that we run the fdm at 120Hz for a good reason: why could we
>> suddenly accept 10Hz?
>>
>> Vivian
>>

> That was in the situation where the MP server does the fdm computation
> for the client. The 10 hz comes from a ping of 100 ms between the client
> and the server.
>
> Harald.

Don't forget that since the current and proposed systems use UDP as the
packet protocol which has no acknowledge packet.  Theoretically the
server could push out FDM calculated info at 120 Hz with a 50 ms lag
(1/2 the roundtrip ping).  Just a thought.

BTW, I'm the jwagner James referred to in an earlier post.

Jonathan Wagner