> > Martin, the 300ms figure is really only applicable to a Level A simulator
> > which is basically equivalent to a cockpit procedures trainer with no
> > visuals.
>
> Ok - that one makes sense. On the other hand, any type of 'tricky' VFR
> flight with 300 ms delay, I'd expect even with 150 ms would ruin every
> pilot's nerves ....  :-)

150ms is the maximum allowed for a Level D certification.  I don't know of
any that were that slow.  Even the Conductron-Missouri 737-200 simulator I
used to work on had better response times (overall) than that.  It was
built in 1967.  I do know that for the purposes of recertification it was
grandfathered in on some of the FAA cert. requirements.  It was only a
three axis sim (roll, pitch and heave) and used a Vital II visual system
(roughly 320x200 - the moon had corners :) )

g.

--
"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007