With regard to your last point -- making POLs -- I don't think we are there
yet. It is most definitely a lot easier to make really powerful POLs fairly
quickly  than it used to be, but we still don't have a nice methodology and
tools to automatically supply the IDE, debuggers, etc. that need to be there
for industrial-strength use.

Cheers,

Alan