Yes, the redesign is open to the public. This is OpenSource after all.
:-) Everyone is invited to participate. The mailing list is fop-dev (FOP
Developer Mailing List). See here:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html

The features you describe are planned to be supported, since we're
aiming for the complete set of features defined by the basic conformance
level for XSL:FO in FOP 1.0.

On 10.01.2003 19:40:05 Steve Homer wrote:
> Quick question regarding the redesign, is this happening in public (ie
> on a mailing list somewhere?) and will the redesign support features
> such as wrapping text round images / floating regions (which I was told
> is not currently supported.)

Jeremias Maerki