Clay Leeds wrote:
If you could give me an idea of areas where I might be able to help, I might be able to present it to my employer. As for my talents, I'm more of a web developer than a programmer, so Java is pretty much out.

There is more than enough to do for everyone: improving examples, the documentation, provide illustrations, qualified first-level help on the user list, run checkstyle and squish style errors and run regression tests. A tutorial would be great, both for XSLFO in general and runnning and configuring FOP in particular.