:
:In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Matthew Dillon writes:
:
:>    Core should consider reverting the special rules that were originally
:>    created with the expectation of major breakage in 5.x back to
:>    the set of rules we had for 3.x and 4.x.
:
:I have no idea what special rules you are talking about for 4.x/5.x.
:
:4.x-stable is a -stable tree and shall be treated as such.

   Really, then you have a short memory.  Why don't we ask Jordan for a
   clarification.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>