On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 11:42:27 -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> > Immediate MFC is against our policy, isn't?=20
>
> So is immediate breakage.

Yes, but fixed. It seems that people forget that every big change means
some period to settle down.

> RELNOTESng is broken for RELENG_4.  I would have warned you about the
> possibility of this, if you'd bothered to ask first.

How exactly it is broken? I didn't touch a bit of RELNOTES on -stable.

> It looks like the easiest way out of this will be to follow your new
> names policy on the RELENG_4 branch (at least for doc/ and src/release/
> doc/).  This will involve a repo-copy at the least, but I've never seen
> a repo-copy done for files on a branch.  Please *don't* do this.  Let

I not understand well what you try to say exactly. The things flow was:

1) Repo-copy for src/release/doc was done by Peter.
2) I apply corresponding rename to -current branch.
3) I have no opinion is it must be done in -stable too or not. Personally
I not plan to touch those bits in -stable in any case, so they remain as
is and can't be broken as you say unless I miss some technical details you
not explain.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/