> I could have those three patches for this weekend;

> Would that help get these changes in for 2.2?

Yes.
I'd like to hear more opinions if this restructuring goes to correct
direction, but if nobody complains we can only assume that everybody agree
with it.

I now looked the patches. I find order of menus a bit illogical.
- "Civilization" has general settings affecting your whole civilization, yet
it is next to last menu. I would move it second after "Game".
- "Edit" is not usually needed at all - I would move it after all the menus
used in normal play, just before "Help".