Am Wednesday 07 October 2009 13:22:13 schrieb Goswin von Brederlow:
> "Matthias Pfafferodt" <matthias.pfaffer...@mapfa.de> writes:
> > Hello Goswin,
> >
> > Thanks for testing the patch. Here only a short answer; more later ...
> >
> > At the moment the freeciv development is really fast. So there seems to
> > be some changes which require an update of the patch. I tested the entire
> > patch set (see patch #1235; https://gna.org/patch/?1235; file #6879:
> > cityradius.diff) before I updated it. I will check for compile errors and
> > update it today in the evening.
>
> Have you ever used quilt? It might be usefull to provide the colective
> diff as quilt series. It is easy enough to generate a quilt series
> from git preserving the individual patches and comments from the
> individual bug reports you filed.

I'm using git (format-patch) and as user interface qgit2. I have not tested
quilt.

I only compile tested the patch for gtk2. Thanks for catching this errors on
the other clients!

> > To use variable city radii you need some changes to the ruleset. You
> > could try my experimental ruleset (patch #1236;
> > https://gna.org/patch/?1236). Within this ruleset the following city
> > radii are defined (see
> >
> > effects.ruleset and also ./doc/README.ruleset_experimental):
> >>- Activate variable city radii:
> >>    radius 1: start
> >>    radius 2: city size 3
> >>    radius 3: city size 10 + Railroad
> >>    radius 4: city size 30 + Railroad + Mass Transit + Super Highway
> >>  The vision range of the city is adapted accordingly.
> >
> > To get all the new things listed in this file some additional patches are
> > needed (settings patch series for game settings in the game.ruleset
> > file).
>
> What else besides #1235 and #1236?

Nothing! #1235 includes all the patches listed in this metaticket and #1236
adds a ruleset which activates the variable city radii. You have to
execute 'rulesetdir experimental'. I tested it and got a city with a radius
of 5 ;-)

> > Changing the definition to use radius_sq should be possible and would
> > also be consistend with the use of radius_sq for borders and vision
> > range. I will check this.

It would be possible to use radius_sq. But this would require a complete
rewrite of most code of the patch due to the changes needed to the city tiles
iterator. All references to city_radius (or the function city_map_radius())
have to be replaced by city_map_radius_sq() ...

At the moment I don't have much time, but this seems something which should be
done. I think 2.3.0 (or 2.2.1?) will have this ;-)

Matthias

> > The 'lot of black' in the city window is a known problem. I don't know
> > how to code for the (gtk) client. Ideally there would be a 5x5 map
> > (default size) and scrolling bars. After opening, this window should be
> > centered on the city.
> >
> > Please use the bug / patch tracker for comments. It helps to follow the
> > discussion(s).
>
> Sure. Just didn't want to clutter it up with compile errors.
>
> I should probably create a login for it too instead of anonymous.
>
> > Matthias
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

Matthias Pfafferodt - http://www.mapfa.de