> 1) I have played a game with unmodded "experimental" ruleset
> and gold_upkeep_style = 1, played until Corporation is
> researched, and it seems to work same than always.

You do not have to play till Corporation is research. You could use the
editor or set techlevel to a high value.

file #10214 (goldupkeep2.sav.gz) does not use the experimental ruleset but a
ruleset which define 'Tribal' as government

file #10213 (goldupkeep1.sav.gz) seems to burn the cpu but does not go to the
next turn? Can you reproduce the problem with a smaller map and perhaps 'set
techlevel 100'?