Hi, to continue the thread...

Slightly below 2 GB are the normal limit for classic FAT16,
although variants exist. However, if you use FAT32, then
you could put 2 TB into a single drive letter! A Terabyte
is 1000 or 1024 Gigabyte, depending on whom you ask ;-)

Another limit is the MBR partitioning scheme itself: You
can only partition the first 2 TB with it, so disks which
are bigger than that usually just do not use MBR...

Larger disks might have bigger sectors (4096 bytes instead
of 512 bytes, sometimes with 512e emulation to still allow
access in classic 512 byte chunks, just slower) which can
confuse aspects of DOS / booting / partitioning, so I think
you first see 4k disks without emulation first as USB disk,
less likely as internal disk.

A generic solution to the 2 TB limit of MBR partitioning is
to use EFI / UEFI partitioning, as already supported by a
number of operating systems and a few BIOS vendors. I think
booting via EFI now happens on demand, for example if disks
are too big for MBR. The complexity of supporting EFI inside
the DOS kernel is not very high, so sooner or later we can
add that. You would still have a limit of 2 TB per partition
(per drive letter) but that should be no problem... :-)

Note that a Terabyte-sized FAT32 partition is likely to be
somewhat bulky and slow to use in plain DOS, so unless you
really want to have so much DOS data, I suggest to use, at
least for the C: drive, a smaller size. You can partition
the rest of your disk for something else, e.g. more drives.