To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT, Mac and More

Hi Davy,

Initially when I started writing BGT, I figured that it would be best to begin with simple stereo and then go from there. But then I found out that DirectSound 3d is rather broken, and decided to go for XAudio2 instead. You know the rest of that story. So for this reason, BGT will not have 3d audio as long as it uses DirectSound and it doesn't seem viable to switch to XAudio2 at this point considering the issues I encountered. If I do switch to another sound system, I am not opposed to adding 3d audio as an option if people want to use it. Personally I prefer stereo, but of course this depends entirely on the types of games you want to make and other personal preferences.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall