Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 6:21 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game taste was: Re: regarding temporal disturbance

Hi Bryan.

I have never actually played super punchout (never owned a nes), so I will
take your word for it, though I have seen tells in other games, for example
many of the mega ma bosses workedi this way.

It's not however just a matter of telegraphing attacks, after all several
games require the player o hear a sund, get ready and react, jumps in 1D
side scrollers with two step boundaries, the attacks of several bosses in
superliam etc. It's a matter of making the player have as much information
so they can make a judgement.

For example, if enemies have to physically attack the player rather than
just running into them, and you hear an enemy telegraphing to hit you, you
then need to decide whether your within enough range to go in and do them in
before they attack, or whether to wait to avoid the attack, ---- something
which might be a less major decision depending upon how far away the enemy
is, and what weapons you or the enemy has at their disposal.

beware the grue!