Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 1:31 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game taste was: Re: regarding temporal disturbance

Hi Bryan.

Your right that I probably ought to have said serious rather than realistic,
though my point was rather to do with thier plot, atmosphere and setting
than actual levels of realism.

You are right though, the Mk games are almost like the Monty Python black
knight fight in terms of gore, there, especially after you blow someone's
head off or chop them in half the rest of them just stands there with blood
spurting out :D.

Mk2 is likely still my favourite mk game, sinse it was before the plot went
off the rails and stupid, when they'd just started experimenting with
fatalities and expanding the combat engine but hadn't just dragged things
out the way they did with Mk3.

I particularly like Jax's arm rip off fatality in that one, just because
it's amusing to watch the opponent simply stand there as jacks tosses their
arms away and poses, I also love the Kitana's kiss and blow up fatality, not
only because the idea of a kiss making someone explode is so ridiculous,
especially the sort of noise the opponent makes as their body swells to
bursting point which sounds actually a little like their going to be sick
:D.

Then again deadly alliance, which is the only modern mk game I've played has
some funny moments, I like Quan Chi's fatality where he leaps onto the
opponent's shoulders and makes their kneck stretch out until it's around
four foot long :D.

I've not played any after that sinse either they were on consoles I didn't
own (and wouldn't buy the console just for beat em ups), or, as in the case
of deception they had a completely 3D  inaccessible story mode. I really
enjoyed the story mode of MkDa and soul calibur sinse with a faq to read the
text it was a great way to get the game.

Then again the plot seemed to go very off the rails anyway after that.

Beware the grue!