Well the sapi sdks are 500mb to.
One thing that I noticed that ever since java6.0 sun conciders it as a core
componant, so you can't uninstall it.
you can delete the machine manually after updating to the next version although
risidual bits still remain.
I then do a repair on the java access bridge.
Although I can't seem to run native java programs because the standard jre
runtime interface is graphic, sun java rendered in websites is real accessible
and stable.