Hi Michael,
Yeah, MOTA is being designed to really take hold of the side-scroller format and give blind gamers a taiste of what the higher end side-scrollers were like. By higher end I am talking about my own personal experience in playing games like prince of Persia, Castlevania, and even newer side-scrollers like Tomb Raider Prophecy. It is going to have elements or features that really made those side-scrollers come alive for the gamer.

Michael Feir wrote:
I don't see much point in going with classic levels given that so much else in the game has changed. As I understand it, you're creating a totally different sidescroller than the one those levels were originally designed for. If one or more of the classic levels actually lends itself to MOTA, that's one thing. However, I would think things would go better if all of the levels were designed with the different game mechanics and features in mind. As long as we end up with a good solid sidescroller which taps the full potential of the genre more than Superliam did, you won't hear any complaints from me.
Michael Feir
Author of Personal Power:
How Accessible Computers Can Enhance Personal Life For Blind People
2006-2008
www.blind-planet.com/content/personal-power

A Life of Word and Sound
2003-2007