Hi Dark and Tom.

As a totally blind person who got into video games, I guess I can't relate as well. Growing up on fighters and brawlers, it's hard to say that I have a problem with playing games the way you two have a hard time with.

In regards to alliance, I did like that story mode better. Deception's story mode is a pain, yes, but the other modes are worth the buy. The games I find hard to play are games that have too much going on at once. Some instances of Urban Reign, for example. There are six or seven guys surrounding you and with the music and voices it's hard to tell which way to turn. I don't know. Video games have just never been hard for me though again, I guess it's because I never actually had to rely on my vision for them. ----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 6:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] What games are people playing now?

There's an irony Tom, you've listed some of my current favourites like the Mega man games, Double dragon and centipeed which i play from a low vision perspective.

I must admit, sinse I've started playing audiogames I have paid more attention to, and probably used game audio in graphical games a lot more than I did before, but for the reasons you detail I don't play games which I cannot use my vision on at all, though I know some other people have.

A good example is Mk deception. I really enjoyed deadly alliance, especially the textual story mode (perfectly easy with a faq).

I haven't however bought deception sinse the games story mode went into 3D and became visually totally inaccessible for me.

while I know some people, through extensive memorization and use of audio have managed this mode, ---- I'd personally just find it exceptionally irritating I think.

Beware the Grue!