I absolutely love Phoenix Wright. They're my favorite DS games of all time
and I've played every one all the way through. Finishing the last Pheonix
Wright was a sad, sad day. This list keeps bringing up absolute gems. What
makes Pheonix Wright so great is the story. It's more like a modern text
adventure. Pheonix Wright isn't accesible because the text isn't spoken
though. There is so much text that the voice files wouldn't likely fit on a
cartridge. Not to mention the cost involved.

Story driven accessible games are hard to make because SAPI kills any
emotion. It was pointed out not long ago that accesible games voice acting
can kill a great story too. It's tough. I think the only way to do it would
to get a professional voice actor (or a few) to donate their voices to a
game.

What I meant by text games in regards to Dwarf Fortress was ascii. Like
nearly all roguelikes, it's ascii based. But the point was that even in an
industry dominated by intense 3D graphics, DF was adored by the gaming
community even though the graphics technology was as old as the home
computer itself.

I don't believe sound games have to play second fiddle to mainstream games.
I think they're a great way to innovate.

Jason
www.blind-games.com