Hi Shaun,
Tell me why someone would go for a non-standard Ubuntu clone when Ubuntu 8.x is fully accessible out of the box? I mean good grief the Gnome desktop has braille, speech,and magnifyer support built into the desktop already. The only extras someone might want or need is speakup if doing a lot of shell work or emacspeak if someone likes using emacs stuff. Other than that I see no need to go off and clone the main Ubuntu versions.