I wonder if I load up window eyes for use with fs2004 if that would avoid jaws issues as I would run window eyes while using fs, then restart jfw once I quit it.

even if this is a work around, I have an idea why don't we e mail those morons at freedom scientiphic and give them some work to do. if enough of us e mail them perhaps they might try to work out if they can fix the problem there end. what I find very odd is that not everyone is experiencing these problems, as if it was as simple as you suggest, why aren't all jaws users experiencing the same problems as us when they load fs2004.