Hi,

Lex:
Indeed. Also, how about hearing voices of your party right in 3d position? Seems cool at a first glance. But now i am thinking is it so practical and about server issues because a lot of traffic. Basically i want to use binary protocol to enable
users with low bandwidth.

Tom:
That sounds cool, but that might be pretty demmanding on both the server and client computer. I've never done anything like that myself so am not really in a position to advise you on this.

Lex:
Actually, i have some  experience
integrating lua into game engine. However, lua isn't very c-like in terms of syntax, it uses "end" keyword as in pascal. But lua is very very fast and has small overhead, there is even a JIT for lua, and i don't know a better solution for games. But if you have some c-like interpretable performance language in view, let me know.

Tom:
Hmm...Good question. Well there is TCL (Tool Command Language) that does have a C-like syntax when used as ascripting language. I don't have much experience with it personally, but I have seen it used in various programs as a scripting language for C/C++. I remember the syntacs was similar enough to C/C++ that I understood what was happening in the scripts.

Lex:
Is there mac support? Anyway to add open al support into my client you need just write a subclass of abstract sound and implement all of methods (play, setPosition
etc). and then change one line in the factory  function.

Tom:
Yes, OpenAL is supported on Mac OS. If I am not mistaken OpenAL is installed on Mac OS X by default. So it is very cross platform friendly.

P.S.

Since this topic is fairly technical and involves programming why don't we move this topic to the developers list.
Thanks.