hmmm you have a point, I have friends that can spend days trying to solve a
game.
One friend I have managed to play for a week non stop and solved a game but
generally this guy can take a couple months to solve games.
He mostly cheats but yeah people don't realise how envolved some of that stuff
is.
I suppose when most think of the games being made for the blind they interpret
them as easier because we are blind, that may have been true at one time but
with the fact we are able to use most technologies, directx, xna, java etc we
are almost up with it.
At 12:16 p.m. 1/10/2009, you wrote:
>Hi Yohandy,
>I think it boils down to the fact most totally blind gamers have never
>experienced mainstream games firsthand, and therefore have no frame of
>reference to compare their accessible games too. As you pointed out many blind
>gamers constantly want more accessible mainstream games without understanding
>how challenging some of those games can be. I don't think they fully realize
>or think about the fact the games they have played like Troopenum, Packman
>Talks, and so on are child's play compared to some of the mainstream titles
>out there. Even my games are child's play compared to some of the mainstream
>games out there. What I'd like to do is raise the bar a little higher, and add
>more difficulty to an otherwise pretty so-so game.
>
>Yohandy wrote:
>>   Why can't those of us that actually want a tough game finally get one? Why
>> is it that people are always looking for the easy way out? This seems to
>> happen in the audiogame market a lot and it frustrates me. If thomas makes
>> his games extremely easy and you beat it in an hour, you'll feel good for
>> about 5 minutes then forget all about the game. do you guys have any clue
>> the sort of games sighted gamers play? we want devs to make mainstream games
>> accessible, but if we keep complaining that a game is too hard, then they're
>> just gonna laugh at us and ignore us like they've been doing all these
>> years. I personally love challenge. It's why I got the Mortal Kombat vs dc
>> universe platinum, and why I'm working hard on the Street Fighter IV one. TO
>> my knowledge I'm the first blind person to get that platinum and it feels
>> darn good. There's nothing as frustrating as those combo challenges, but I
>> finally did it! If you guys don't want a hard game, then fine, don't buy it.
>> but please let t
he rest of us enjoy a challenge for once.