well I use the saved game feature to save a place when I have done something
important.
ie after a level up, after a full health restore ocationally.
Also after any stat modifying or equipment upgrades to my character.
In the case of some other games, after an objective is completed.
I don't overly save/ restore for the heck of it.
I use the save feature of entombed and gtc as well as sod a lot to save what I
am doing, mostly though I never use more than 1 slot, I use another slot or two
if I have to do something tricky with low health etc.
In the case of david's new game I will save mainly because I won't want to play
all hours or if I have been doing so, so I can resume later.
But I suppose everyone has their view.
Abusing a save is just  not good.