"David's new game?" What game would that be?
Hayden

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of shaun everiss
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 6:40 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Why can't we get a challenging game for once?
wasMOTA

well I use the saved game feature to save a place when I have done something
important.
ie after a level up, after a full health restore ocationally.
Also after any stat modifying or equipment upgrades to my character.
In the case of some other games, after an objective is completed.
I don't overly save/ restore for the heck of it.
I use the save feature of entombed and gtc as well as sod a lot to save what
I am doing, mostly though I never use more than 1 slot, I use another slot
or two if I have to do something tricky with low health etc.
In the case of david's new game I will save mainly because I won't want to
play all hours or if I have been doing so, so I can resume later.
But I suppose everyone has their view.
Abusing a save is just  not good.
At 12:05 p.m. 6/10/2009, you wrote:
>Hi Yohandy,
>This is, unfortunately, one of those cases where a developer is going to
get complaints if he does and get complaints if he doesn't add a save game
feature. If he adds a save game feature that allows someone to save
everywhere and anywhere people will complain that it makes the game too
easy. If he only allows a player to save in  specific areas like the start
of a level people will gripe and complain it makes the game too hard or it
is too inconvenient. If he doesn't add a save feature at all he is going to
get complaints about that too. No matter what I do as a game developer I
can't possably please everyone, and nor should I try.
>In the end my only real option is to do what I have done. Let the player
make up his or her own mind what they want to do with the save game feature.
If they want to use it fine. If they don't want to use it fine. Only that
gamer knows how he or she wants to play and enjoy the game.

>Smile.
>
>Yohandy wrote:
>>I understand what you mean. I never said that a save feature isn't
necessary, I just don't agree with the saving anywhere method. I think not
having the ability to save for a while, and the frustration involved is part
of the challenge. I see the reasons people have for liking it, I just don't
like it myself