Ok, can't find the darn helpfile, so had to go without it... Very nice game, a bit mud/text like and the sounds are good.
My thoughts are as follow:

1: The sounds of creatures may be separated from the reading so they don't run over one another.

2: When encountering enemies, might be nice if the game announces what is it I'm facing before rather than after I select an action.

3: More pet options might be cool, like if instead of a dog, I want a wolf, a tiger, heck...a dragonling?

4: Be nice if we can direct our pets more...I was so frustrated when it kept going for the fighter rather than the shaman as I would rofl.

I noticed sometimes you can hear the sound when bumping up against the edges of the maze, and sometimes not...not sure if that's a bug.

I'm not sure if what you wear/wield make a difference too since the id scrolls don't seem to want to work on those items like tunics and swords.

Another suggestion is the ability to control maybe a multi-charred party, like a group of five, with more enemies at once and more exciting combats- plus the abilities to pick the actions/stations of your team members prior to combat like, set the mage to stand back and just heal, and have the fighters up front to take hits, etc.

I'm currently stuck at the stairs...it says there's a stairway near by but I can't seem to access it...any help?