Well I never noticed too many bugs in the later releases of montizumas return, ---- certainly not in version 9 which I currently have.

But it is up to you Tom. I merely offered this as a low work solution for those who are desperate for an 80's game, ---- also, I stil happen to think the original Montizumas return had merrit and so wouldn't like to see it lost.

It's very much your decision though.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] 80's games suggestion

Hi Dark,
I may have the source code for Montezuma's Revenge around here, but I can't tell you what version of the source I have. I can say that beta 9 was full of miner bugs, and obviously I wouldn't be updating the game to fix those bugs. So even if I rereleased that game it would be with the understanding that it is a test release and not a stable version. Personally, I think a better suggestion is to create an all new open source project that is like Montezuma's Revenge but with a different name. That way I could put it on my developers center as an open source example of a simple accessible game while at the same time satisfying those who want a completely classic side-scroller.

dark wrote:
Hi Tom.

Here's a rather crazy idea to salve the feelings of those who are desperate for an 80's game. Go back to the last stable version of montizuma's return, ---- say beta 9, ---- I stil have this on my harddrive, ---- which is possibly illegal, but deleting good games is against my principles.

The game already has 6, highly playable 80's side scroller levels.
Re-reccord the name of the game to something generic, ---- Temple adventures, treasure quest, --- Montizuma's avengence, do a quick search and replace on the instructions to change the name of panama Jo to something else, ---- peruvian Jim?
Then offer it as an extra freeby to those who buy Mota.

They then get all of Mota, ---- which I hope will continue as a modern side scroller, pluss 6 levels of pure classic 80's!
Just a suggestion.
all the best,